Baked Trout, with mixed vegetables, and Crispy Baked Potatoes
The full plate above is a very healthy fish recipe that is also low in fat, calories, and with no more than 8 pro points. I'll let you know how I did the fish below. It is quick and easy, and cooks in a
180C fan oven for about 30mins
Ingredients for One portion of the Trout recipeYou can multiply the ingredients depending on how many you are cooking for. Please note, I have used large fillets. If you use smaller 120 gram ones, that cuts your WW pro points immensely, and your calories. You can therefore have 2 fillets each!
1 large fillet trout approx. 200 grams
1 slice of tomatoe, and 1 slice chopped up
sea salt flakes
1 large stuffed olive, cut horizontally in half
a small shake of onion salt
two or three leaves fresh parsley, chopped up
half clove of garlic, chopped up
black pepper (from a pepper grinder)
2 tsp lemon juice
2 oz water
1. Use a metal or oven proof dish large enough to take the amount of fish you are cooking, and put on oven at 180 C to heat.
2. Prepare fish by scraping off the scales from the skin with a knife. Use a pair of tweezers and pull out every bone if possible, so that your meal is not one where you spit out every other mouthful. This is not that hard and it is so worth the time. And trim off any pieces of bony, fatty edges.
Rinse fish in cold water.
3. Place fish in tin, skin side down.
4. On the top of the fish, rub on sea salt, onion salt, parsley, garlic, pepper,
5. Place slice of tomato in the middle of fish
6. Place halves of olives on either side of tomato slice
7. Sprinkle on the chopped tomato around the rest of fish
8. Drizzle on the lemon juice and pat it in
9. sprinkle on another few flakes of sea salt on to tomato topping.
10. pour in water carefully around side of pan so as not to disturb fish
11. Cover the pan completely with tin foil and tuck around sides so as to keep in the moisture.
12. Place in the heated oven and cook for around 25-30 mins
13. Remove foil, and baste on some of the water on to the fish carefully
14. Leave open and replace in oven for 5 mins.
Serve with any vegetables, potatoes or couscous
Hope you enjoy this. If you do, please leave me a comment. If you have any questions, please leave me a question.
Enjoy! And Thank you, Saffron, Linda, and others from Warwick Weight Watchers, for asking me for this recipe! I hope it meets your expectation!
It has got me back to paying some attention to my blog!
Watch out for more recipes. I've also been asked for the Crispy Baked Potatoes.