Saturday 27 March 2010

God of the Cocoa

This is my current Project.

My main character Rajnath, works in the cane field in Trinidad 1935, for 25c a day. He is finding it hard to make ends meet, with a young family. He is bad tempered at home and subdued at work. Typical! Is he a coward? Maybe, but smart. Because the work environment is more akin to the days of slavery. Same mentality. One wrong move and you're punished. Not even a wrong move and you lose half your pay.

Copyright Marilyn Rodwell 2010

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading novels where there is an element of history and real tradition interwoven with an engaging story. I am going to buy your first book as it puts me in mind of "The Kite Runner" which was thoroughly enjoyable. I will let you know what I think once I have read the "God of Cocoa".

    ReplyDelete