Tuesday 5 October 2010

The Authonomy Race

Dear Followers, and All others,

I am very aware that I have not paid any attention to you and my blog for a number of weeks .... well all of September! And for that I am very sorry. However, I have been thinking of you, REALLY.

So much has suffered since I joined the Authonomy site, because of it's addictive nature, and the race to get my book on the Editor's Desk at Harper Collins. My editing has taken a back seat, but I must, must slow down and tackle what is most important.

Authonomy, is a website run by Harper Collins, in order to divert authors away from sending manuscripts directly to them in the post. This website in itself is a very good idea. However, it is questionable as to the outcome for any particular author. Involvement feels like an adiction - as if I were involved in gambling. But instead of gambling money, the author is gambling time. Precious time. But to take a break, means that one's ratings slip, both individual ratings, as well as book ratings.

So, here it is. I put some of my book on the Authonomy site. Any amount over 10.000 words.
I have 8 chapters of God of the Cocoa - 31,000 + words, at the moment.

Any member can: Read it, Back it, or put in on their Watchlist.

They can also Comment, and send a message to the author.

All of these bring points to the book and the author/member.

If and when the book reaches the top 5, out of all 7,000+ books on the site, it will be looked at by a Harper Collins Editor. That is the aim of the author.

This takes place at the end of every month. So the race is on for October!!!

God of the Cocoa, has been on the site for 4 weeks, and it has been doing remarkably well in the scheme of things, but it needs more people to back it.

In the Weekly ratings, it has been up at No 4, in the Historical genre, No 7 in the Literary genre.


But that doesn't matter. It needs to rise to the top 5 in the Overall ratings.
At the moment it is at 1236, out of the 7,000+ on the site.

NB. IF YOU WANT TO SUPPORT ME AND MY BOOK, PLEASE JOIN AUTHONOMY, AND BACK MY BOOK. It costs nothing but a little time.

I would be eternally grateful to you for this!!!

Don't forget, I value your support as well as your feedback, even if you don't like something, I've written, for any reason, please tell me.

Here is the link.

http://www.authonomy.com/books/25430/god-of.the-cocoa/

A HUGE THANKS,

Love
Marilyn xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment