Friday 14 January 2011

2011 YOUR BEST YEAR YET

Dear All,

It has taken me 14 days to get around to actually writing my blog....a strange two weeks since the start of the year. HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all. Better late than never! But it was nothing stranger than cobwebs of confusion in my mind.

Last Saturday I went to a Study Day, titled, 2011 Your Best Year Yet. I nearly didn't go because I thought that I was in no doubt as to what I had to do, or even how I had to do it. But I discovered by 4pm that day that I had no way of sorting out the wheat from the chaff, as it were, from hundreds of things I actually do. Which I do in no particular order of priority.

After a series of organised Mind Maps on separate pieces of A3 paper, we asked some probing questions about:

MY ACCOMPLISHMENTS LAST YEAR

MY  BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENTS

WHAT I LEARNT FROM IT ALL


HOW I LIMIT MYSELF


MY PERSONAL VALUES


MY ROLES IN LIFE


MY 8 MAJOR ROLES AND GOALS FOR EACH

I came up with a review of my major focus for this year.

The Outcome, was a Best Year Plan, with my TOP 10 GOALS

10 might seem a lot, but it was difficult to choose ten! I had at least 20, so you can imagine how hard it was to strike out half of what I thought was important.

Believe it or not, they were things that I knew I needed and wanted to do or achieve, but they were buried amongst everything else, that they didn't stand a chance.

It was a most interesting and useful exercise! And I returned home feeling much brighter and lighter.

Maybe you could try it. Post me a comment if you're interested, or want to know more.

Best Wishes for this year

Love
Marilyn xx

No comments:

Post a Comment